Business Credit Application
Before you begin applying for credit it’s important to determine what strengths and weaknesses your company brings to the table.
Are you a startup or have you been in business for several years?
Does your company process credit cards on a monthly basis? If so, how much volume?
Are you struggling with poor personal credit or do you have strong credit scores?
Does your company have any assets or are you relying on your own personal assets?
Once you have made an honest assessment you’ll have a better idea of what types of credit your company will be able to start obtaining right away.
I have assembled the six major types of business credit applications along with some examples so you can easily identify which best fit the needs of your business.
6 Major Types of Business Credit Applications
- Personal Credit Check -Personal Guarantee – Reports to Personal Credit Reports (Business Credit Cards from Chase, Bank of America and other major bank cards)
- Personal Credit Check -Personal Guarantee – Reports to Personal Credit Reports and Business Credit Reports (Capital One Business Platinum : that card reports to Corporate Experian, Small Business Equifax, Experian, Transunion, Equifax)
- Personal Credit Check –Personal Guarantee – Reports to Business Credit Reports (Discover Business, Comerica Business Mastercard)
- Personal Credit Check –Business Credit Check – No Personal Guarantee – Reports to Business Credit Reports (Sam’s Club Business Discover card)
- Business Credit Check – No Personal Credit Check –No Personal Guarantee – Reports to Business Credit Reports (First Equity Card, Secured business credit cards, Vendor credit lines)
- No Business Credit Check – No Personal Credit Check –No Personal Guarantee – No Business Credit Reporting (Merchant Card)
While most businesses start off with trade credit and secured business credit cards you can easily obtain other types of credit depending on what you are willing and not willing to do.
If you are against a creditor pulling your personal credit then you have to realize that your business must be able to show that it’s a creditworthy company.
Creditworthiness starts with establishing strong business credit files, solid business credit scores and favorable bank ratings.
Ready to start applying for business credit? Become a member of my Business Credit Insiders Circle and gain access to a proven step-by-step business credit building system. A system that provides you access to all types of business credit applications including vendor lines of credit, fleet cards, merchnt cards, business credit cards with and without a PG, funding sources and lenders that report to all the major business credit bureaus. Submit your name and email below for details and receive a free business credit audio seminar ($597 value) =>
About the author
Marco Carbajo is a business credit expert, author, speaker, and founder of the Business Credit Insiders Circle. A step-by-step business credit building system for business owners. He is a business credit blogger for AllBusiness.com, a subsidiary of Dun and Bradstreet and author of “Eight Steps to Ultimate Business Credit” and “How to Build Business Credit with No Personal Guarantee.” His articles and blogs have also been featured in American Express Small Business, Business Week, The Washington Post, The San Francisco Tribune, Scotsman Guide, Alltop, Entrepreneur Connect, and Active Rain.